Friday, October 23, 2009

Dear Cr8ive ME

Hi!

I think that I may periodically start sharing your questions and the answers with the rest of my followers.

Basically, it's like my own version of "Dear Abby" except that the questions and answers will be craft related.

So here are a couple of questions I've recently received.

This question was posted in the comments section of my Monday Tutorial - Custom Candles.

So onto the question.

Kara asks:
What a wonderful idea and perfect tutorial. I'm so excited to try this!! I have one question. Since I've spent my money on stamps, I haven't got an embossing gun. I know for regular embossing that a hairdryer doesn't work. But, could it work with this?

Dear Kara,

What a wonderful question.

And you are correct that a hair dryer doesn't work the same as a embossing gun.

An embossing gun gets much hotter than your hair dryer, and puts out more focused and concentrated air. Your hair dryer will blow everywhere and won’t focus on the candle. Which is
very important for this project.

As for spending the money on stamps and not having enough for a heat embossing gun.

I totally understand. There are a couple of stamp companies, similar to Pampered Chef, that
are the stamping store that comes to your door. For example, SU!, CTMH, and The Angel Company. That's how I got my heat embossing gun by hosting a party. And if you are looking for a TAC Angel I'd be happy to help you. Feel free to email me at cr8iveme_at_gmail.com

Also you could check out Micheal's, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's or your local scrapbook store. They always have different ads or coupons going around where you could get a heat embossing gun for little as much as 50% off.

Happy crafting.
M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment