Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Gardening

Hi!

I'm always so impressed by how lovely gardens are.

But for me that just doesn't work out. You see I have a black thumb. Roses die on my watch, within less than a week. Heck the only reason we have a garden type area in the front of my house is because it came that way. In fact, although the garden type area was still mature by the time we moved here I still managed to kill off one of the bushes.

Thankfully a rose bush grew in it's place. Don't ask me how it got there. Like I said, I have a black thumb and had nothing to do with it. You see this rose bush just miraculously sprouted and now although it does continue to grow the roses do tend to die off.

The reason I mention this is because this week over at the Can You Digi It? blog we were challenged to use the color YELLOW.

Now personally, I'm not to big a fan of the color.

I mean I'll use it for hair and flowers but that's about it.

Personally, I think my scrap stash and ribbon jars really do represent my color preferences. For me those colors would have to be pinks, reds, and whites. I have so much of those colors in my stashes that they're busting at the seams.

As for yellow and orange as well, I have those two colors stored together in a ribbon jar and that's not even half full. I think I may just be too girly for those colors. LOL

Not that there's anything wrong with those colors, but that's just not me.

The reason I mention this is so you understand that this truly was a challenge for me. And since it was such a challenge I figured I may as well use something else that is equally as challenging to me. And that brings us to today's card.

So this is the result:
Stamps: LilyPink Designs Watering Can
Paper: from my scraps
Ink: Copic BV04 Blue berry, W2 Warm Gray No.2, Sharpie, Bic Mark-it Moonstone Yellow
Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles, Bazzill Basics Ribbon Green Dashed, CM Meadow Micro Maker, CM Custom Cutting System Circle, Martha Stewart String Lace edge punch, Cuttlebug Swiss dots

What do you think?

For someone who's not a big fan of yellow I think there is a lot of it in this card. Do you agree?

Also for someone who can't garden to save her life, I feel that at least this card would be wonderful for someone who can.

We would love to have you come and play with us over at the Can You Digi It? blog. You can use any digi stamp or paper you have. And although this week we are challenging you to use YELLOW, normally our challenges are much easier.

Happy Crafting,
M.E.


No comments:

Post a Comment