Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cherry on top for you

Hi!

It's time for another Midweek Paper Party. We are continuing with the theme of Anything Goes.

I wanted to get back to some of my roots. Basically the techniques that I learned when I first started paper crafting as a hobby.

So I went about doing this by using the following techniques:
  • paper piecing
  • coloring with my Bic Mark-it
  • applying Liquid Applique and a heat gun
  • and to use my software other then to apply my watermark
I've been neglectful of my Liquid Applique. I have three tubes of the stuff. Granted their tubes aren't very big but still to have three and this is the first time I've used it since I don't know when. 

Do you have a craft tool that you loved and it's been a while since you used it? If so, what is it?

I challenge you to go into your craft room and use it. And if you can't use it I challenge you to pass it onto someone who can or do discard it. After all, there's no sense in having something in your craft room that you're not going to use. 

Now for those of you that follow the link below this picture to see the stamp used. It's actually a portion of a much larger stamp. I just happened to go into my paint.net application here on my computer and edited the larger image to separate each individual stamp design. 

Normally, I just use my paint.net application to apply a watermark onto my creations. So this was a lot of fun. My DH even helped by showing me a quicker way to edit the pics. 

Stamps: Handmade Harbour 069 digital stamp - tea and cake
Paper: SU! Sweet Always
Ink: Bic Mark-it Rambunctious Red
Accessories: Liquid Applique, Craft Heater, Celebrate It Harvest ribbon, Fiskars Threading Water punch
If you have an opportunity to play along this week over on the Handmade Harbour blog's Midweek Paper Party. We'd love to see what you create. Keep in mind if you use one of Handmade Harbour's images you'll be eligible for a prize of three free digis.

Happy Crafting, 
M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment