Friday, March 20, 2009

Amuse Bouche

Bonjour!

I love Amuse stamps they're soooo cute. Right now they are having an amuse-bouche.

Well I took a look in my trusty French Dictionary and I couldn't find it what I did find was amuse-gueule - (cocktail) snack, savoury; (fig., pop. )preliminaries.

Then I went to wikipedia

An amuse-bouche[1] [a.myz.buʃ] also called an amuse-gueule, ([a.myz.gœl]) is a single, bite-sized hors d’œuvre. Amuse-bouche are different from appetizers in that they are not ordered from a menu by patrons, but, when served, are according to the chef's selection alone. These, often accompanied by a complementing wine, are served as an excitement of taste buds to both prepare the guest for the meal and to offer a glimpse into the chef's approach to cooking.

The term is French, literally translated to "mouth amuser" [for bouche = mouth; amuser = to amuse, to please]. The plural form is amuse-bouche or amuse-bouches.[2] The original French word, more frequently employed, is amuse-gueule (gueule is slang for mouth but in fact means animal's mouth (one word in French)), although amuse-bouche is more often used on menus in fine dining restaurants.[3]

So for all you fine connaisseurse of stamps you've got to check out the Amuse blog and the Design Teams blogs to for your amuse bouche before the new stamps are available on the website. And let me just say that these stamps are really amusing. If you're fortunate enough to have a store close by that sells these stamps you've got to check these out for great ideas.

I'm fortunate enough that the closest store to me that sells Amuse stamps just happens to be owned by my mil so I get to have them placed on hold for me. And if there's a stamp that I want that's out of stock she'll order that for me too.

Happy Crafting.

M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment