Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Showcase @ TCC Week 2

Mary's Birthday Princess
Hi!

It's Week 2 at The Character Cafe.

I think I'll probably try to shorten that to TCC or The Cafe in future posts.

This week we were challenged to use ribbon on our cards.

Since it's the Summer I'm trying to take it easy and not over exert myself
since we're experiencing a heat wave here in Central Texas. We've actually hit
a record with how many consecutive days we've been at over 100 degrees F
outside.

So I did use ribbon just not as much as some of the other girls on the DT.

But, I still think she's very cute.

Oh and if you're wondering where'd I find such small pearls I found them at
Micheal's. And they cost as much as the pearls that Hero Arts sells but these
come in 3 varying sizes as opposed to 2. So I get more bang for my $1.99 which
is nice.

I created this card to be for a birthday and decided I'd put the sentiment inside.

DH said all the card needs is a little Mario in the background.

Next week, on Wednesday 1 July, TCC will be launching the Work it Wednesday Challenge. One of the Design Team members will bring you a featured technique/theme and a challenge with a prize. I hope you will play along!

Also, be sure to go check out what the rest of the team did this week! >>>>

Materials Used:
Stamps: TCC Princess Ally
Paper: Wausau paper, CM Cardstock White, Imaginisce Mushroom Fancy

Ink:
Copic E00 Skin White, R00 Pinkish White, R11 Pale Cherry Pink, Sharpie, Sakura Souffle, Sakura Glaze, Bic Mark-it Honey Brown, Woodsy Brown, Hot Aqua, Polynesian Purple, Playful Purple
Accessories: DCWV All Dressed Up Modern


Happy Crafting.
M.E.

7 comments:

  1. Very cute! Perfect paper and love the little pearl embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Mary! I think the little "gem" pearls are great... it's exactly what I was thinking of when drawing her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cute! I love your mushroom dp it's adorable! And your pearls are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! This is just as cute as can be!! I love your coloring!! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is gorgeous Mary, this is one of my fav images too :) I can't wait to do this one :) Its beautiful :)

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, gorgeous!!! It's like a fairytale all over it! Love that mushroom paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo great job on this Mary, and those mushrooms in the background really make it a fun fairy tale scene!!!

    Awesome job on your first Feature Friday card!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete