Friday, September 14, 2012

Love is love

Hi!

I want to share with you a couple of cute cards that my niece and I designed and created.

My niece asked me if I could take her to a class where she could learn how to make "LOVE" themed cards. After convincing her that I could teach her how. I had a hard time trying to design a card as she's 15 and just came out of the closet. I wanted to create a card that wasn't too serious and that reflected that kind of love.

So first, I visited SCS and didn't find any I liked there. Next I went to Google and couldn't find anything appropriate.

The other problem I had was searching through my stamp supplies for a "LOVE" themed stamp set that was appropriate for my niece. I personally don't have that any teen or gay themed stamp sets. I don't even have any sisterly stamps. Although now I will be keeping an eye out for them. As I love and support my niece in however she wishes to live her life as long as no one gets hurt.

These are the cards we created. So what we did was, first I designed a card and then she got to duplicate it and then it was my turn to design and me to duplicate. That way we both got a chance to teach and be creative. I try to keep my niece and nephews not only entertained but also to utilize their creative juices.
My card
Stamps: Amuse Cupcake Set
Ink: Palette Noir Black, Bic Markits
Accessories: Spellbinders Nestabilities Scalloped Cirles, Shapeabilities Nested Pennants, CM Circle Patterns, Fiskars Threading Water Scalloped punch
My niece Alyssa's card
Accessories: Fiskars JenniBowlin Jester punch, SU! 5-Petal Flower punch, EK Success Butterfly punch, CM Friendship Shapemaker
Happy Crafting,
M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment