Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Winter wishes

Hi!

I just love this Hello, Penguin by Betty Edwards over at Can You Digi It?

He just really makes me smile. And I'm not a winter person or a Christmas person really. I mean you wouldn't know it by how I get all crazy wanting to be sure we have the "perfect" Christmas. But that's cause my Christmas memories as a child weren't that great.

**TMI TIME**
I mean it's hard growing up and having your birthday fall around that time of year. For a birthday present I would basically have to pick one of my presents from under the tree. And I may have had a little cake but definitely no parties for me. Our trailer park was just too small for that.

And then as a teen when we lived in the apartment it really wasn't much better. Then my last Christmas with my dad was tragic, lets just say he had to divorce my mom after that or the State wouldn't let me come home.

**TMI TIME OVER**

Stamps: CYDI Betty Edwards Hello, Penguin, Unity Stamps Co Winter Wishes
Paper: Imaginisce Polar Expressions * Comfy Cozy
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Recollections Rhinestone Stickers, CM Square ShapeMaker, Lifestyle Crafts QuicKutz Dies Nesting Label Rectangle Die

Happy Crafting,
M.E.

3 comments:

  1. Mary, I'm sorry to hear that Christmas is a difficult time of year for you. I hope that you're able to find better memories as time goes on.

    The penguins on the card are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Christmas card and love those cute penguins! I love the colors and layout you used. My birthday falls around the holidays too so I know what you mean about it just blending with the holidays! I hope you have the "Perfect Holidays"! :)

    P.S. Brown Coats Unite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute penguins! Very Fun card. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete