Saturday, May 25, 2013

OWH Memorial Day Weekend Blog Hop

Hi!

Today I'm participating in Operation Write Home's



I just love OWH. My hubby is always commenting on how much I watch their videos. LOL

OWH does a wonderful service for the troops by providing them with homemade cards. And
I'm proud to be a contributor to that cause.

My brother-in-law Sheen, my hubby's middle brother, is in the Air Force Reserves. But just because it's the Reserves doesn't mean they haven't sent him into the war torn regions.

Our family is very proud of him and all the members of our family who've done military service. Like my step-uncle Ben who's retired from the Air Force, my father who served in the Navy, and my father-in-law who served in the Coast Guard. We even have a whole new generation of nieces and nephews who are thinking about doing military service.

And that's one of the reasons why I create and send cards to Operation Write Home.

Plus, although last year had it's ups and downs. One of the biggest ups was that my Mom became a US citizen. After being a resident all my life she finally did it. And I couldn't be prouder of her and that pride extends to those who defend our freedom.

For the hop we were asked to use one of OWH's sketches. I picked sketch #78


Isn't it gorgeous!

Of course, I had to do my own spin on it. I know it's kinda CAS but I think it will still be appreciated.



Oh and if you check out my post from yesterday I am taking Pre-orders for the Close to My Heart promotion that supports our troops.  

If you are just starting to hop you can click here to start at the beginning. Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of the blog hop and have a great Memorial Day weekend.



Happy crafting,
M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment