Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Honey of a day


Hi!

Today over at the Can You Digi It? blog we are challenging y'all to create a craft project based on the theme Summer Smiles!

OK now I'm not a big fan of bees, or any bugs for that matter, but I love practically everything they make and do.

Like I love honey and flowers which couldn't be made without bees. I also love beehives for their design aspect. It's probably because it reminds me of Utah which is sometimes called the Beehive State you definitely see beehives in design everywhere.


Which also reminds me of family bee-cause some of my SILs have beehives as part of their home decor.

I don't recall if this is the exact style my SIL has but it's definitely similar.

And for some reason bees seem to also remind me of the color yellow. It's probably the only time I'll use the color without much of a fuss.

Also for some reason when I think of bees hexagons come to mind. It's probably because they remind me of honeycombs.
See what I mean

Oh and you can't forget Burt's Bees products. I just love that stuff. I use their lip care products all the time. I'd use more except my Doctor prescribed me to use Clinique for my beauty regimen.

So onto my creation for today. When today's challenge of Summer Smiles came up I just knew I couldn't do any other card but a bee card. I hope y'all like it. And if you have time in the next two weeks to create something based off of the theme Summer Smiles we'd love to have you post it to our challenge.


Stamps: Bee Happy by LilyPink Designs, SU! Just Buzzin' By
Ink: CTMH Chocolate, printer ink, Sharpie, Tombow ABT
Accessories: The Paper Studio EF, Spellbinders Nestabilities Hexagons
Happy Crafting,
M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment