Friday, September 28, 2012

Bonjour Garden

Hi!

I created this card for the Taylored Expressions Last Card Standing Wild Card Spot. And this is what you had to do for the challenge:

Who is your very best friend?Create a card for that person (or pet!) that you rely on most and show us how much he or she means to you. Friendship is your challenge theme and your card must follow these requirements:
~a NEW, never before published (in print or online) card

I came up with this design on my own. I really wanted to get a chance to use my "scary scissors" and was able to use my Martha Stewart colored pencils (those things really scare me).
~feature the theme of Friendship

I created this card for my sweet dog Sammie. She's my best friend. She sits with me when I cry and is so happy to see me anytime of the day. And she barks the loudest to protect me.

Isn't she adorable?
~use at least 1 Taylored Expressions stamp
I used the FREE digis that Taylored Expressions provided for the contestants
~use 2 or more patterned papers

I got the cloud paper while I was at CKC San Marcos. And the flowers and grass our from a retired Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper packet. 
~use ribbon

I used some Stampin' Up ribbon for the flower stems.
~please include a full supply list (item and manufacturer) with your entry

Below you will see the supplies I used.
~Your card will be judged by our Celebrity Judges on overall appearance, creativity, execution, and conformity to theme.

Wish me luck. I'd really love to have a chance to compete in this.
Stamps: Taylored Expressions free digis
Paper: Good Day Sunshine by Deena Rutter , SU! Berry Bouquet
Ink: Martha Stewart Colored Pencil Pickle, Light Honey, Starfish, Turquoise
Accessories: SU! Taffeta Ribbon Mellow Moss, Spellbinders Nestabilites Scalloped Circles Large, Shapeabilities Nested Pennants
Also don't forget that this week is National Dog Week. Have you hugged your dog today?

Happy Crafting,
M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment