Monday, February 4, 2013

Close To My Heart Scrubber

Hi!

For today's review I'm going over the Close to My Heart scrubber.

In my opinion it's the only thing in the catalog not worth getting.

I'm on my fourth one and I'm giving up on them. CTMH Home Office has been super nice about replacing it. Although this last time they asked me to explain how I'm using it. This is after returning the last one that broke to CTMH Home Office along with a detailed letter as to what happened the first three times it broke.

However given that this is my fourth one and they all crack. What's a girl to do?

The scrubber works great the times you get to use it. It's small and compact, which makes it great to take to crops. Not that I've ever gotten to do that. Nope mine just stays home with me and I only clean it with the CTMH My Acrylix Spritz.

The negative is that for no good reason it cracks down the middle and breaks in half. Seriously I have no explanation for why it should be doing this. It looks like now I'm getting a 5th one and will have to video tape it while using it to figure out what's going on. Also to have proof that I actually am only using it for its original intention. Since from my last conversation with CTMH Home Office I'm being treated as though I intentionally break these.

My DH who is a mechanical engineer says that it's due to bad design. He says the materials they used and how they manufacture it is the reason it keeps breaking. In his opinion the way this scrubber is designed will always end in it breaking.

It's a stamp scrubber for goodness sakes and I only can use it for at most a week before it breaks. I still have the double scrubber I got when I started stamping 7 years ago and the only thing wrong with it is that the scrubbing cloth on one side is no longer secure. I also have a double scrubber from TAC that still works and I got that 4 years ago.

I've only tried using the scrubber 2 ways. 1st by spraying the cleaner onto it as you would a double scrubber. 2nd by spraying onto the stamp and just using the scrubber for cleaning.

Now I hate to be negative about anything CTMH sells but I cannot endorse this particular item. And I want y'all to know the pros and cons for it.

This is only based off my experience with it. I belong to a CTMH Consultant group and from that I know some consultants have no problem with it.

Happy crafting,
M.E.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh! What a bummer. I'm not familiar with this product and I don't think I would get it now! I appreciate your shares! Marcy

    P.S. brown Coats Unite! :)

    ReplyDelete