Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Be Green - Bee Happy

Hi!

Today is the start of a new challenge over at the
Can You Digi It? blog.

Today's challenge is Challenge #28 - Green Is Here!

For today's challenge I went totally Green.

How did I do this?

My project is a Bank - to keep "green" money in
or whatever color your money is.

This bank started out as a Skittles candy/bank container
from a couple of Christmases ago. I'd been holding onto
it for a while until I came up with a great project for it.
So it is "green" in that it has been recycled/upcycled.

And finally I went with using "green" and
a few other colors of designer paper to decorate this bank.
The designer paper is all from my personal scrap stash.

And that is how I accomplished this totally "green" project.
I did also get some help by using Mod Podge to adhere
all the scraps and to seal the papers onto my bank.

FYI this project was kinda out of my comfort zone as I do prefer to create either cards or scrapbook layouts. Although occassionally you may see that I do something totally out of the ordinary for me like make a 3D project, they are few and far between.


Stamps: Bee Happy by LilyPink Designs for C.Y.D.I.?
Accessories: Mod Podge Matte-Mat


right side of the bank

left side of the bank
 


Happy Crafting,
M.E.

4 comments:

  1. Mary Ellen,
    Wonderful project - it's bright, happy and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous altered container! I love the fun papers you used. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and what a great idea. Now I wish I'd saved those tootsie roll banks my kids got a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really fun project! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete