Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday Tip Day: Ribbon Storage Part 1

Hi!

I hope you enjoyed the last Tuesday Tip Day that I shared about storing/organizing 6x6 paper pads.

If you haven't had a chance to check it out. You can find it HERE.

For today's Tip Day we will be focusing on Ribbon Storage.

As always these are just the things that I've found that work out best for me. So you can take or leave the tips if you have found something that works better for you.

OK. They say the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. So today, I have to admit that  I am a Ribbon Hoarder.

I just love it.

I think it has something to do with either the fact that when my mom was growing up in the Philippines she was trained to be a seamstress. Or probably because my major the first time I was in college was Fashion Merchandising. Then again it may be a combination of the two.

Of course, it just could be because I love the patterns.

Which is why I feel that I just have to share the way I store my ribbons with y'all today.

I've tried various ways to store my ribbon.

Today, I will share the method I use for ribbons on spools.

I tried using dowel rods attached to my wall but the problem with that was
  1. there just wasn't enough room to store my ribbons the way I liked
  2. it was too hard to place new ribbon rolls in them and to remove used ribbon rolls
Thank goodness my craft room has a closet, so that I could still try this technique but in a way that works best for my needs. 


The method that I use is a five tiered pant hanger with a swinging arm. 

The reasons why are
  1. It provides the right amount of spacing
  2. It is easy to place new ribbons and remove used ribbons
  3. And it allows me to utilize the closet in my craft room. 
The pant hangers that I use come from Target and you can find them HERE

I enjoy this ribbon storage method so much that I even use it for my gift wrap ribbon storage.


Next time, I will share the storage method that I use for loose ribbon storage.

Please, let me know if this has helped you in anyway.

Also, if you have any other ideas for craft storage tips. I'd love to hear them.

Happy Crafting,
M.E.


No comments:

Post a Comment