Monday, May 25, 2009

Special Thanks



Hi!

Today is Memorial Day and I've been following an amazing Blog Hop to help get more
people to send out cards and make donations to Cards For Heroes.

To follow the hop start HERE.

It's so inspiring that I too made a card for the troops.

Special Thanks GI

This will be one of the Any Hero cards that I send. Well, except that it's obviously
more aimed for a female soldier.

I remember back when I was in Junior High they had all the kids whose parents
had served come and speak to our school at a special assembly to Honor our
Heroes. My bio dad and mom were still together back then and so I asked him to
attend the assembly. Back when I was a child they had us do things that you don't
see in schools anymore like every morning we would say the Pledge of Allegiance.

I'm not saying that all the things that happened back then were good but I do wish
my niece and nephew could do some of the things that we did back when I was
there age, like saying the Pledge.

Almost all the men in my family have served our nation. My bio dad was in the Navy,
my step-dad's brother retired from the Air Force, my bio dad's brothers all served in
the military in one branch or another. My father-in-law served and currently my
brother-in-law serves in the Air Force.

So I encourage you to please take some time today to either visit the blog hop or just
to write a note on the Cards for Heroes Cbox.

And if you feel inspired to send cards or make a donation to Cards for Heroes.

Our troops do so much for us that's the least we can do.

The Simply G.I. Jane stamp that I used is a digi stamp created by Modern Sugar Blvd.
You can find her here, if you'd like to make a card for your special soldier or cards for Cards for Heroes. Right now MSB is having a Blog Candy contest, which I am submitting this card to.

And the sentiment is by Hero Arts. Which is one of the blogs on the main hop.

**People have been asking about the designer paper. I actually got this a while ago
back when
I first started scrapbooking. So I don't recall who made it but when I was
looking through my
scraps I found it and just thought it would be perfect for this card.**

Materials Used:
Stamps: Modern Sugar Blvd G.I. Jane, Hero Arts
Paper: CM Cardstock White, Royal Blue, Wausau Bright White

Ink: VersaColor 82 Black, Copic E00 Skin White, R11 Pale Cherry Pink, Bic Mark-it Tiki Hut Tan, Honey Brown, Adobe Orange, Blue Skies Blue, Moonstone Yellow, Rambunctious Red

Accessories: Colorbok Metal Dots

Happy Crafting,
M.E.