Friday, July 12, 2013

Happy birthday in a dash

Hi!

I've been wanting to play along over at Pretty Pink Posh and do one of their 10 Minute Craft Dash's.

And this one sounded like a lot of fun. Mostly because it was an open theme and color. For the 10 Minute Craft Dash #21 we were asked to feature stars.

Which I totally think I accomplished. I created this card in 6:58.6 minutes. Basically a little under 7 minutes. Sorry, I don't have a video of me creating this card or even one of the time on the iPhone, but my DH took the small pocket camera that he let me have with him on his trip to China. I will definitely try to take a video or at least a picture of the stop watch the next time though.

So, yes, you can create a card in under 10 minutes but trust me I learned just how long it does actually take me to create a card even when it is CAS(clean and simple). Just imagine how long it takes when it's a little more detailed. I mean at least for me. I'm sure there are people who could create this card much faster.

I found this star die cut earlier this week at Archiver's, but although it was on clearance at 50% off. The price was still $15 before tax. But just yesterday they sent out an email that all their clearance was an extra 40% off. So how could I pass that up?

As I have more crafting supplies then I can play with in a day. There wasn't much else at Archiver's that interested me. But I will be taking a class tomorrow to learn a few techniques I haven't heard of or at least tried out yet.

This is such a CAS design that I'm sure if you wanted to you could definitely CASE (Copy And Selectively Edit) it.

Also, I like the way the sentiment reminds me of star dust.

So what do you think?

Stamps: Wordsworth Stamps Everyday Whimsy
Paper: SU! Black
Ink: CTMH White Daisy
Accessories: QuicKutz Stars (exclusively for Archiver's)
Techniques: heat embossing

I hope y'all are having a great TGIF.

Oh, if you would like to stop by tomorrow I will be participating in a blog hop. So if you'd like to see what some wonderful crafters do with the CTMH SOTM you should definitely stop by.

Happy Crafting,
M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment