Thursday, June 13, 2013

Best Wishes

Hi!

I wanted to share a card with you that I created back in October. Actually, this will be the first of a series of cards I plan on sharing from back then.

You see while I was writing a post for my blog, I discovered that there was quite a few projects I hadn't gotten around to posting.

This card was created for the Hope You Can Cling To challenges on Splitcoast Stampers.

Maybe if I plan this out correctly I can get us from today all the way to when the next round of HYCCT challenges.

The HYCCT challenges are a card drive to send cards to the MD Anderson Cancer Center, right here in Texas, to benefit those affected by breast cancer. This drive is organized by Splitcoast Stampers.

The HYCCT challenge is a wonderful cause and reason. But last year it was especially wonderful for me to participate. You see my mom was diagnosed with cervical cancer last year. And for half the year I spent my days taking her to chemo therapy and radiation treatment. Fortunately, my mom's cancer is in remission. Which I am so thankful for and why I contributed last year.

I know remission isn't always 100% guaranteed not to come back or be hereditary. You see my mom's sister got the same cancer last year and died. And, of course, there are so many different forms of cancer. Like my dad had brain cancer, my FIL had prostate, and as a woman there's always a fear of breast cancer. And although the HYCCT challenges are for breast cancer patients and their families, cancer is something that effects everyone from all walks of life.

And I'm thankful to have my family and that's why I felt like participating and sharing my talents.

Stamps: TAC Trendy Greetings
Paper: TPC Studio Girlfriends Brocade
Ink: Palette Noir Black
Accessories: DCWV All Dressed Up Lipstick Printed Ribbon, Want2Scrap Self Adhesive Pearls, Martha Stewart Floral Lace, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Four

Happy Crafting,
M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment