Tuesday, June 18, 2013

White Wedding Pop!

Hi!

I just love June! Don't you?

It reminds me of weddings. I know there are weddings all year round but it seems like June has the most.

Of course, that's my opinion.

You see I was a June bride. In fact, I picked the date that was my mother and birth father's anniversary date. I wanted there to be a happier memory to that day.

Also, when I was planning my wedding there were 3 other couples in our Ward who were also planning theirs. In fact, one of them got married in the same temple on the same day as we did. I didn't see them but my DH did.

It was tough picking that day. You see a really close childhood friend of mine was also really good friends with a girl getting married that exact same day. And my reception didn't have nearly as many people as I was expecting because since that was the same day a lot of couples were getting married. They were also holding their receptions that day too.

But you know what. I've been married for 11 years now. And it's the best decision I ever made. DH and I have had our ups and downs especially last year. But we survived it and our marriage is stronger  for it.

So today over at the Can You Digi It? blog we were challenged to do a White Wedding with a PoP of color. Basically, the challenge is to create a wedding/party themed project featuring black and white with just a PoP of color. Can you tell that I picked the theme?

This is the inspiration board just in case you need some inspiration for White Wedding with a PoP of color.



And this is my project for the challenge.

Stamps:  A Creative Need Celebrate with Cake
Paper: CTMH White Daisy, Colonial White, The Paper Company Black Cardstock, scraps 
Ink: Tombow ABT
Accessories: Cuttlebug Kassie's Brocade, Script Texture, Allegro, ribbon stash

Do you like it? My DH helped me pick the colors. We were inspired by our youngest niece's recent wedding. Well, I say recent but she actually had a December wedding. But her colors definitely reflect a spring/summer wedding better then mine did. My colors were hunter green and burgundy. And that just feels to much like Christmas to me, even though it's my favorite color combo.

If you have a chance to stop by the Can You Digi It? blog we'd love to see your creation. The only thing we ask other than that your project fit the theme is that you use a digi stamp. We have some FREE stamps over at the Can You Digi It? shop but you are welcome to use any digi stamps that you have.

Happy Crafting,
M.E.


No comments:

Post a Comment